Living @ LFC
Note (Jan. 17, 2016): We recently had problems with our application form. These problems have been resolved. However, if you applied between Dec. 1 and Jan. 17, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your application was received.
At the LFC, we seek members with an interest in social justice, sustainability, and maker culture (though not necessarily all three), and, above all, a desire to live in community.
Since community doesn’t just happen, we want members who are willing and excited to make the necessary commitment.
At a minimum, members are expected to:
- Make a weekly contribution (e.g. making hummus; picking up trash; tending to our Little Free Library; leading a cook night). In other words, the sorts of things you’d do in any place you consider a home.
- Make a good-faith effort to attend the majority of our monthly work parties (11am-3pm on the 3rd Saturday of the month)
- Make a good-faith effort to attend the majority of our monthly community meetings (7-9pm on the 1st Tuesday of the month)
- Attend at least a couple community meals each week (~6:30 Mon-Wed, ~1pm most weekdays, and ~11am most Sundays)
- Complete your house chore(s) on a regular basis (a.k.a. know how to clean up after yourself)
- Be a generally likable, community-oriented person =)
The “gold star” for prospective members is to come by on 3 or more occasions (e.g. for a potluck; a dinner; a tour; an outing; etc.) in addition to filling out the application. That way you can get to know us and we can get to know you! Once you’re in, there’s a 3-month trial period which includes an orientation and regular check-ins with one of the core community members.
Still think you can flower, eh? Well, you’ve already been to our website and probably memorized all the Qs and As on our FAQ page (great job!). Next you’ll want to try something crazy like coming to our potluck, sending us an e-mail, and/or filling out our application!
We have an opening for a new member as of April ’16!
We’ll also have a 2-bedroom apartment available in one of our “Friend of the Flower” houses as of May ’16!